Could a horse trainer, born about 154 years ago, teach us anything new today? Would the methods be old hat or would they be useful?
The answer is a resounding Yes!, they are enormously useful.
The horse training expert referred to is named Jesse Beery. Beery was a world famous horse trainer from the late 1800’s who possessed amazing ability with horses.
Fortunately, Beery’s secrets remain after all these years. His information can be found in his book he wrote in the late 1800’s. However, very few copies of his book exist. It is virtually impossible to find an original – much less one that is readable.
Here is a partial reading from the first chapter of Beery’s book:
Fear is the principal motive which causes the colt to resist training. It is natural for him to kick against an unknown object at his heels, to pull his head out of the halter as from a trap, and if of a bad disposition, to strike and bite if he does not thoroughly understand you.
His fear is governed by his sense of touch, sight and hearing; and it is through these senses we obtain a mastery, and at the same time remove his fears of the halter, the robe, the harness and the wagon. These are the fixed laws which govern the actions of all horses, and the training of a colt is merely teaching him not to fear the working apparatus, but to respect his master, and to obey his commands as soon as he has learned their meaning.
Each one of these senses must be educated before the colt is trained. A colt’s education may be compared with that of a child to a great extent. A horse’s reasoning powers are limited to his past experience. So we must reason with him by acts alone. Hence the importance of beginning every step with the colt right; for by our acts he learns.
The successful school-master aims first to teach the child to have confidence in him. Hence the first lesson we give the colt is simply to teach it to have confidence in us and that we are its best friend and don’t intend to hurt it.
The book continues with the first lesson a colt is to have which is
“How to gain a colt’s confidence.”
Fortunately, horse trainer Andy Curry discovered a legible copy and made it available for horse owners who want to learn this incredible information.
Andy Curry encourages responsible horse owners to check into Jesse Beery’s book and learn what it has to teach.
Andy Curry is a nationally known horse trainer and author of several best selling horse training and horse care books. For information visit his website at www.horsetrainingandtips.com. He is also the leading expert on Jesse Beery’s horse training methods which can be seen at www.horsetrainingandtips.com/Jesse_Beerya.htm.
Horse Lovers Are Also Reading...
- Holiday Books For Horse Lovers: Best 10 Christmas, Hanukkah, & Winter Holiday Themed Horse Books (2021)
- What Is Laminitis Or Horse Founder? Condition Phases And Treatment : Hoof Care Guide 2021
- Animal Lover’s Book Guide: Best Horse Book For 6 & 7 Years Old 2021
➡️ Beginner Guide
- Helpful Farrier Clubs, Blacksmith Organizations, Farrier Schools Resources 2021: Get More Information Here!
- How To Buy A horse From Auction? Choosing One That Suits Your Abilities 2021
- Horse Stable Ideas To Know When Bringing Your New Horse Home 2021: Preparations You Should Go Through
➡️ Horse Books
- Best Nonfiction Book For Horse Lovers 2021: Literary Illustration Of Magnificence
- Must Read Books For Horse Owners Of All Time 2021: Know More About Your Horse
- Best Delightful Horse Books For Kids From 5 To 10 Years Old: Starter Pack For Animal Lovers 2021
➡️ Horse Health Care
- Risks, Signs & Symptoms Of Common Types Of Horse Colic: Health Knowledge For Equestrians 2021
- Learn To Cure Gas Or Spasmodic Horse Colic: Understanding Digestive System Of Horses 2021
- Nothing Is Wrong Of Your Hay But Horse Still With Problems? Environmental Causes Of Horse Colic 2021
➡️ Horse Hoof Care
- Are Caulks(“Corks”) Best For Winter Horse Riding? Alternative Winter Horse Shoe For Traction And Protection
- How To Know If Your Horse’s Weight Is Appropriate: The Tips And Diet Needs 2021
- Most Common Horse Hoof Diseases, Health Problems And Their Solutions 2021
➡️ Training & Riding Horse
- The Top 3 Tricks Horse Owners Can Use To Unspoil A Barn Spoiled Horse 2021
- How To Catch A Horse In A Field? Tips Recommended For New Horse Owners 2021
- Don’t Be Panic! Basic Commands & Horse Riding Tips Useful For Beginners 2021
➡️ Horse Gifts & Products