So you’ve had a bad fall, or there’s so much riding on you – family, work, mortgage – that you’re terrified of falling. Maybe there’s a jump you can’t face, a trail you won’t take, or a horse show class you don’t dare try. Maybe there’s a horse at the barn who makes your stomach churn just looking at him, or maybe your hands start shaking when you pick up any horse’s lead rope. Don’t worry: you’re not alone. Every horse-person – from the greenest newbie to the most decorated champion – has felt fear. And in his friendly (and often funny) new book, Nerve: Poise under Pressure, Serenity under Stress, and the Brave New Science of Fear and Cool, journalist Taylor Clark investigates and explains how each of us can tame our fear, harness anxiety, and turn the craziest stress into calm success.
✅ Best Equestrian Horse Book Nerve
Review of “Nerve” by Taylor Clark – This book by Taylor Clark is a very readable, very valuable addition to anyone’s library who is a physical skills trainer, a presenter, a coach, or simply a human being who wants to understand what fear and anxiety are, how they affect us. Through this book, it is possible to learn how to learn to live with and finally overcome the debilitating effects of fear, anxiety, and “choking.” He takes the research of many and boils it down to very accessible and often humorous prose.
How to Kick Fear out of the Saddle?
The ability to be calm and confident in stressful – and even life-threatening – situations isn’t a mystery or a rare, special gift, Clark writes. Braiding the science behind “the circuitry of fear” and “grace under fire” with incredible true stories of athletes at the top of their game and soldiers in the darkest depths of battle, air traffic controllers choreographing dozens of planes and astronauts trapped on failing shuttles, this stirring book offers a clear understanding of how we can bridle and direct our reactions, as well as a relaxed (and even playful) way to partner with fear and reclaim our inner cool. Whether you’re a rider, a riding instructor, or an on-the-fence dreamer, if you want to kick fear out of the saddle – on your horse or in your life – Nerve is the book for you.
You’ll find more resources and articles about Nerve on Taylor Clark’s website, and, writers, be sure to check out his article, Nothing to Fear in Fear Itself, which describes how and why he braved his own anxiety to write the book. Reading Nerve as a stand-alone? Try pairing it with Jane Savoie’s iconic peak performance handbook for equestrians, It’s Not Just About the Ribbons: It’s About Enriching Riding (and Life) with a Winning Attitude!
Horse Lovers Are Also Reading...
- Why Horse Hoof Cracks, Splits And Chips And Their Solutions: The Quick Fix Guide 2021
- List Of The Best Christmas Holiday Books, Stories, Music & Movies On Horses 2021
- Holiday Books For Horse Lovers: Best 10 Christmas, Hanukkah, & Winter Holiday Themed Horse Books (2021)
➡️ Beginner Guide
- Equine First Aid Basics For Every Horse Owners: Taking General Health Care Of Your Horse 2021
- How To Buy A horse From Auction? Choosing One That Suits Your Abilities 2021
- Do You Want To Be A Humorous Person? Horse Jokes One Liners: Things Farriers Love To Hear 2021
➡️ Horse Books
- Best Horse Books For Young Readers & Teens (2021): Animal Lover Fictions To Buy Before 18
- Valentine’s Day Ideas 2021: Love Stories And Poetry For Horse Lovers The Best Literary Works
- Animal Lover’s Book Guide: Best Horse Book For 6 & 7 Years Old 2021
➡️ Horse Health Care
- Equine Vaccination Guidelines: 9 Types Of Vaccines Critical To Your Horse 2021
- Is Your Horse At Risk Of Getting Ulcers? Syndromes & Best Treatments For Equine Gastric Ulcer Syndrome (EGUS) 2021
- How To Create A Grazing Schedule To Reduce Horse Colic Risk? Tips On Avoiding Grain Overload 2021
➡️ Horse Hoof Care
- Everything You Need To Know On How To Take Care Of Your Horse’s Horseshoe Settings FAQs 2021 (Part 1)
- 8 Horse Hoof Care Tips To Keep Them Healthy: The Best Practice for Beginners 2021
- What Makes A Good Horseshoe Farrier? Tips On Finding A Sound Shoeing Blacksmith
➡️ Training & Riding Horse
- How To Prepare For A Beach Moonlight Trail Horseback Ride? Tips To Spend A Great Evening 2021
- Horse Training Secrets For Busy Horse Owners Short On Time: “Quick To Do” Training Tips For You 2021
- You Have New Colts? Tips You Should Know To Train Young Horses Effectively 2021
➡️ Horse Gifts & Products