Here is a set of hoof care/ preparation principles for the Barefoot and Shod horse. In all disciplines from jumping, driving, to ranch work.
These principles along with proper application and trimming protocol give us the opportunity to better meet the biomechanical needs of domestic horses that are unable to maintain proper function due to physical or environmental issues.
How often should I get my horse’s feet trimmed or reshod?
At least every six to eight weeks. However, In some situations, they may need to be done as soon as three to four weeks.
When should I start getting my foal trimmed and how often?
Trimming can start as early as possible, usually around two weeks old is a good time to evaluate how things are progressing. The babies grow and change so quickly which makes short interval trimming very important.
Do I need to use hoof dressing?
Hoof dressing is expecial important to use when conditions are wet or you are bathing often. It is also important to prevent further damage due to other enviromential conditions.
Horse Lovers Are Also Reading...
- Animal Lover’s Book Guide: Best Horse Book For 6 & 7 Years Old 2021
- Best Horse Book For Toddlers (2021) With Educational Illustrations
- How To Cure Unhealthy Horse Hoof: General Hoof Care And Maintenance Guide 2021
➡️ Beginner Guide
- What To Look For When Buying A Show Horse? Checklist To Have A Specialized Equine 2021
- How To Buy A horse From Auction? Choosing One That Suits Your Abilities 2021
- Buying A Horse For The First Time: 8 Points Equine Test To Go Through Before You Buy 2021
➡️ Horse Books
- Best Delightful Horse Books For Kids From 5 To 10 Years Old: Starter Pack For Animal Lovers 2021
- List Of The Best Christmas Holiday Books, Stories, Music & Movies On Horses 2021
- Best Horse Book And Movie Series For Teens 2021 – Percy Jackson
➡️ Horse Health Care
- Equine Therapy Resources: Horse Riding For Special Needs Children With Asperger’s & Autism
- Horse Parasites And Colic: How To Keep Your Horses Healthy? All About Equine Tapeworms 2021
- Your Horse Might Be Experiencing Psychological Distress: Common Causes Of Equine Stress & Colic 2021
➡️ Horse Hoof Care
- The Ultimate Checklist On Assessing Horse Hoof’s Health? – Horse Care For Best Performance 2021
- Winter Horseshoes For Snow And Ice Guide 2021: Why They Are Necessary In The Cold
- Essential Knowledge Of Horse Hooves Shoes FAQs 2021 (Part 3): How To Avoid Hoof Injury
➡️ Training & Riding Horse
- What Are Some Common Horse Bad Habits? Learn What Makes A Polite Equine 2021
- Getting A Horse From Pulling Back While It Is Tied: Training Suggestions You Might Want To Read 2021
- Do You Want To Be A Successful Horseman? Learn How To Bond With Your New Horse 2021
➡️ Horse Gifts & Products