Most historians think that James Lord Pierpont was inspired to write Jingle Bells by the sleigh races that were run between the two small towns of Medford and Malden, Massachusetts during the 1850s. Yet from its beginnings on those little-traveled country roads, Jingle Bells grew into a one-horse open sleigh stampede: the song is now sung during the holidays in villages, towns, and cities around the world. In 1965, the song’s lyrics, “Jingle all the way,” even trotted onto an entirely new frontier, when the astronauts of the Gemini 6 mission used a harmonica and tiny sleigh bells to play the song over the radio to NASA Mission Control, making Jingle Bells the first song played from space!
- 1 Jingle All the Way: Jingle Bells Books and Music, from James Lord Pierpont to the Astronauts of Gemini 6
- 2 White Christmas By Bing Crosby
- 3 * Jingle Bells: A Pop-Up Holiday Song, by Eren Blanquet Unten
- 4 * Jingle Bells, by Iza Trapani:
- 5 * My Very First Winnie the Pooh: Pooh’s Jingle Bells, by Kathleen Zoehfeld:
Jingle All the Way: Jingle Bells Books and Music, from James Lord Pierpont to the Astronauts of Gemini 6
✅ Best Jingle Bells Book By Iza Trapani
Love this book – This is such a beautiful was to teach holidays around the world. The illustrations are stunning too! Beautifully illustrated book ..great resource to explain how Christmas is celebrated around the world. A very good presentation of Christmas around the world. Scans beautifully with lovely illustrations. Good background info (at the back) on all the various traditions.
White Christmas By Bing Crosby
✅ Best White Christmas Book By Bing Crosby
Excellent album! – Great album! Lots of fun to play during Christmas Holidays as it reminds all of your white Christmas’s growing up in every age. Bing and Christmas go together perfectly. All the best songs with the best voice! Puts you in the Christmas spirit.
Dashing through the snow
In a one-horse open sleigh
O’er the fields we go
Laughing all the way
Bells on bobtails ring
Making spirits bright
What fun it is to laugh and sing
A sleighing song tonight!
Jingle bells, jingle bells,
Jingle all the way;
Oh! what fun it is to ride
In a one-horse open sleigh.
Jingle bells, jingle bells,
Jingle all the way;
Oh! what fun it is to ride
In a one-horse open sleigh!
Add a little jingle to your holiday season: read the song’s complete lyrics and surprising history at Wikipedia, download the sheet music for free at Cantorion, and check out these Jingle Bells recordings and books…
✅ Best Book Christmas On The Range
Loved it–oldies but goodies – In this age of most Christmas albums all having the same songs over and over again, it was a nice change of pace to hear some different songs. Not only that, they were upbeat and not negative. Many of the newer songs out there are making fun of Santa or casting him in a negative light, but not on this album.
* Music: Jingle Bells is one of the most performed songs in history. Since its first release in 1857, thousands of musicians have played and recorded it. If you’re looking for a classic rendition, be sure to try the recordings by Bing Crosby and the Andrews Sisters, Nat King Cole, Ella Fitzgerald, Julie Andrews, and Roy Rogers. Or spice up your season with Jimmy Buffett’s island-themed tune, The Three Tenors’ – Jose Carreras, Placido Domingo, and Luciano Pavarotti’s – operatic version, and the rock’n’roll cover on Glee‘s 2010 Christmas album.
* Jingle Bells: A Pop-Up Holiday Song, by Eren Blanquet Unten
Introduce your young horse-lover to Jingle Bells and sleigh rides with this dazzling pop-up book! The text is simply the first two verses of the song, but the intricate and ingenious pop-up illustrations – most of which star a merry and spirited horse – will whirl young children into the exhilarating fun of the song’s sleigh ride.
✅ Best Jingle Bells: A Pop-up Holiday Song
Oh, What Fun! – This is just the cutest book ever! The pop-ups are clever, and Eren Unten’s illustrations are stunning. She has created a wonderland of vibrant colors and adorable children that you will just fall in love with! Simply Wonderful!
(Pictured at the top of the post) Illustrated by Trapani’s joyful and lively watercolors, this book begins with the first two verses of Jingle Bells, and then adds seven new, singable verses that visit Christmas celebrations in Italy, Kenya, the Philippines, Poland, Spain, and Sweden. At each stop, more children pile into the flying-horse-drawn sleigh, and at the end, the horse carries them to a Christmas party they attend together – like new friends. The book closes with sheet music, lyrics, and kid-friendly information about each country’s Christmas traditions.
Winnie the Pooh, Christopher Robin, and all the residents of the Hundred Acre Wood decide to help Santa by delivering presents to their friends on Christmas Eve. Of course, when Owl tells them they will “need some locomotion” for their sleigh, who do they look to but Eeyore for help! Young readers can sing along to Jingle Bells as the characters go dashing through the snow – and they might also find themselves imagining how they, like the characters, can be “Santa’s helpers.”
✅ Best Book Jingle Jingle By Nicola Smee
Richie’s Picks: JINGLE JINGLE – This is Nicola Smee’s second book featuring Cat and Dog and Pig and Duck and Mr. Horse. In the first book, CLIP-CLOP!, the four animals get up on Mr. Horse and insist that he go faster and faster. And then, when Mr. Horse stops short, the quartet go flying off into a haystack. Of course, they want to do it all again.
* Jingle Jingle, by Nicola Smee: Mr. Horse invites Cat, Dog, Pig, and Duck to ride in his sleigh, but when he jumps in himself, he also discovers how much fun a sleigh ride with friends can be. While this book does not include any of the lyrics from Jingle Bells, it tells a hilarious, playful, and friendly story with huggably adorable illustrations. Whether it’s your young horse-lover’s first or second jingle-bell season, or whether you’d like a book on hand that will brighten and cheer the spirits of anyone who reads it, Jingle Jingle is a very merry must-have for every horse-lover’s library!
Horse Lovers Are Also Reading...
- The Best Famous Music For Families And Children To Share Time Together 2021
- Best Horse Book For Teenager 2021: A Lesson Of Love For Animal Lovers
- How To Write A Great Story Book About Horses? Tips For Young Authors 2021
➡️ Beginner Guide
- Buying A Horse For The First Time: 8 Points Equine Test To Go Through Before You Buy 2021
- Equine First Aid Basics For Every Horse Owners: Taking General Health Care Of Your Horse 2021
- Equine Talks: How To Make Friends With Horseman & Other Horse Owners When You Are In A New Group
➡️ Horse Books
- Valentine’s Day Ideas 2021: Love Stories And Poetry For Horse Lovers The Best Literary Works
- Best Equestrian Horse Book For Riders (2021)
- Animal Lover’s Book Guide: Best Horse Book For 6 & 7 Years Old 2021
➡️ Horse Health Care
- Do You Know Which Breed Your Horse Evolved? Horse Breeds As A Possible Cause Of Colic 2021
- How To Prevent Sand Colic Risk For Horses That Ingest Sand: Causes And Product Recommendation 2021
- Short Knowledge About Horse Inflammation Of The Small Intestine: Equine Enteritis And Colitis
➡️ Horse Hoof Care
- Everything You Need To Know On How To Take Care Of Your Horse’s Horseshoe Settings FAQs 2021 (Part 1)
- Why Horse Hoof Cracks, Splits And Chips And Their Solutions: The Quick Fix Guide 2021
- Grab Your Chance To Upgrade Yourself As A Horse Lover At A Low Price! Great Deals Of Amazon Prime Day 2021
➡️ Training & Riding Horse
- Why Horses Are Good For Girls? All The Reasons To Let Your Little Girl Go Horseback Riding 2021
- Horse Fences 101: 6 Basic Factors You Need To Consider Before Installing 2021
- The Top 3 Tricks Horse Owners Can Use To Unspoil A Barn Spoiled Horse 2021
➡️ Horse Gifts & Products