You will need a brush to scrape off the hardened dirt and other debris. The brush you employ no doubt has to be gentle yet still strong enough to get rid of all the dirt we have mentioned. Elderly horses do sustain worse dirt and stains. They hence require stronger brushes to see them through.
Brushes work hand in hand with the soap and the disinfectants. It is these soaps and disinfectants that kill the germs to prevent the same from causing sicknesses and other forms of illnesses. You should be sure to match the disinfectant in question with the kind of menace you are trying to combat.
A dry cloth comes in after you have already cleaned the hooves. It plays the role of eliminating excess water and leaving the washed area dry and clean all the while. This piece of cloth has to be exceedingly clean to prevent the possibility of inflicting the horse with further diseases.
Needless to say, you will have to use water extensively throughout the cleaning process. The water is the one that mixes the disinfectants and takes them wherever they have to be. Insist on only clean and germ-free water. You do not want to aggravate the situation by supplying germs to the hooves.
At the conclusion of the cleaning process, you have to apply some perfumes to add some fragrance to the feet. It is important to use only those perfumes that are certified for use in the horses. Be sparing in your use of these perfumes. Overdoing things may be disastrous to you.
Now you know the tools to use and the tips to adhere to while cleaning the hooves of your horses, right? With that knowledge, we now hope that you can and will surely do a good job on your end. What are you waiting for? Move ahead with haste to do just that!
Horse Lovers Are Also Reading...
- Best Delightful Horse Books For Kids From 5 To 10 Years Old: Starter Pack For Animal Lovers 2021
- Best Horse Books For Young Readers & Teens (2021): Animal Lover Fictions To Buy Before 18
- Why Horse Hoof Cracks, Splits And Chips And Their Solutions: The Quick Fix Guide 2021
➡️ Beginner Guide
- Important Knowledge To Know Before Signing Horse Purchase/sale Contracts & Agreements
- Useful Equine Phrases & Vocabulary To Communicate With Horsemen 2021
- Equine First Aid Basics For Every Horse Owners: Taking General Health Care Of Your Horse 2021
➡️ Horse Books
- The Best Famous Music For Families And Children To Share Time Together 2021
- Celebrate Earth Day Every Day: Top 10 Books on Green Riding, Sustainable Living, and How Equestrians Can Save the World 2021
- Best Equestrian Horse Book For Riders (2021)
➡️ Horse Health Care
- How Should I Take Care Of Dehydrated Horse? 5 Signs You Should Be Aware Of Horse Dehydration 2021
- Short Knowledge About Horse Inflammation Of The Small Intestine: Equine Enteritis And Colitis
- How To Create A Grazing Schedule To Reduce Horse Colic Risk? Tips On Avoiding Grain Overload 2021
➡️ Horse Hoof Care
- Beginner’s Guide To Horseshoeing 2021: 14 Essentials For Your New Farrier’s Basic Tool Kit
- 6 Common Reasons Why Is A Horseshoe Lost 2021: Don’t Judge The Farrier’s Workmanship Just Yet
- Essential Knowledge Of Horse Hooves Shoes FAQs 2021 (Part 3): How To Avoid Hoof Injury
➡️ Training & Riding Horse
- How To Prepare For A Beach Moonlight Trail Horseback Ride? Tips To Spend A Great Evening 2021
- Horse Show Performance Classes Explained: Why You Need Horsemanship 2021
- Do You Want To Be A Successful Horseman? Learn How To Bond With Your New Horse 2021
➡️ Horse Gifts & Products