Horse shoeing and nailing are crucial for horse performance and hoof health.
❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ Check This Out!
✅ Best Horseshoe Nails
Five Stars – Solid horseshoe nails at a fair price. This nail can also be used for your crafts or home fixing. Well made with great quality. The design is perfect to show simplicity.
❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ Click To See The Reviews
✅ Best Hoof Stands
My back thanks you!!!! – Back issues can be fixed easily. This stand allows you to lower the height quickly and to clean that hoof out with no problem. Farriers even come and say “I need to get one of these!” after using it. It definitely takes the load off you. Highly recommend to any horse owner.
They should also be in line with each other.
I have seen a man shoeing his first horse. The first and second feet were very acceptable as far as nailing goes. By the time he reached the third and fourth foot he was tiring. Now the nailing was up and down. This was not a case of being lucky on the first two, but of fatigue, and rushing to get the job done on the last two feet. Even, accurate nailing can be done on every horse if the time is taken and conditioning and experience is present.
The nails used should be as small as possible.
A poor nailing surface is found when you remove a shoe and find that not only has over-sized nails been used but the questionable practice of removing a piece of wall to set the clinch into, has also been done. This certainly weakens the hoof wall and creates a poor surface to nail back to.
The clinches should be rasped smooth.
If the horse is inclined to brush himself then the inside clinches should be rasped down. The reason the clinches should be turned over and smoothed down is because the turn of the nail fastens the shoe, not the length of the clinch. When it’s time to reset your horse the clinches can be easily straightened with no damage to the hoof. The clinches will not straighten themselves, providing the hoof has been dressed properly, the shoeing is proper size and not overdue or the horse has not been galloped on hard ground. The nails should angle almost at the direction of the hoof fiber. This damages as little horn as possible and pulls out cleaner. Obviously the heel nails will be angled more towards the front to avoid restricting the heel expansion. A compromise that should be taken.
While it is true that poor nailing is often the result of carelessness and hurrying, there are some legitimate reasons for uneven nailing:
- A horse that is jumping all over the blacksmith. Safety first!
- Holes, cracks or chips in the hoof wall. You’re only as good as the material you have to work with.
- False or thin wall at the quarter. Best to avoid quicking a horse, than pretty workmanship creating lameness.
❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ Click To See The Reviews
✅ Best Rasps To Make Smooth Clinches
Super sharp for fast trimming! – Recommend to who frequently rasp horses’ hooves between farrier visits to keep them from chipping and cracking. The difference a new, sharp, quality rasp makes is amazing! Literally a few swipes, and boom, you’re done! Just one note… when using this, wear heavy leather gloves! It will shave the skin off your hand before you feel a thing, and it’s very easy to do. Excellent product.
Horse Lovers Are Also Reading...
- Best Inspirational & Funny Books About Horses (2021) For When You Need a Laugh
- List Of The Best Christmas Holiday Books, Stories, Music & Movies On Horses 2021
- How To Write A Great Story Book About Horses? Tips For Young Authors 2021
➡️ Beginner Guide
- Do You Want To Be A Successful Horseman? Learn How To Bond With Your New Horse 2021
- How To Buy A horse From Auction? Choosing One That Suits Your Abilities 2021
- Happy National Farriers Week 2021: Reasons To Thank Farriers
➡️ Horse Books
- Grab Your Chance To Upgrade Yourself As A Horse Lover At A Low Price! Great Deals Of Amazon Prime Day 2021
- How To Find Old, Rare, And Out-of-Print Books: Top Tips To Find Vintage Golds 2021
- Best Nonfiction Book For Horse Lovers 2021: Literary Illustration Of Magnificence
➡️ Horse Health Care
- Is There Anything To Be Cautious As A Horse Owner? Common Plants That Are Poisonous To Horses 2021
- Does Feeding Largely Influence Horse’s Colic? Dietary Management Of Horse Colic 2021
- Basic Health Knowledge You Must Prepare Before It Happens: How To Plan For A Horse Colic Emergency? 2021
➡️ Horse Hoof Care
- The Ultimate Checklist On Assessing Horse Hoof’s Health? – Horse Care For Best Performance 2021
- Becoming A Farrier: Love For Horses, Training And Experience
- Beginner’s Guide To Horseshoeing 2021: 14 Essentials For Your New Farrier’s Basic Tool Kit
➡️ Training & Riding Horse
- The Top 3 Tricks Horse Owners Can Use To Unspoil A Barn Spoiled Horse 2021
- 3 Types Of Riders You Should Know To Be A Great Horse Rider: How To Start Horse Riding?
- You Have New Colts? Tips You Should Know To Train Young Horses Effectively 2021
➡️ Horse Gifts & Products